I was seeking a bright, sunny burst of sweetness in my kitchen. These Lemon Strawberry Cookie Cakes pack quite a lemony punch, but not in a super sour way, at all! They’re baked in a pan, and then cut to make single servings. I used my circle cookie cutter as a mold (and ate the scraps in the process). :) I paired my cookie cakes with a glass of sparkling water, topped with strawberry slices. If you’re still craving more lemon love, you could serve these with a glass of lemonade.
- Flour – 2 1/4 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Butter or margarine – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Lemon zest – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Diced strawberries – 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pan with tin foil.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in a separate bowl. Add in lemon juice, lemon zest and egg. Then mix in dry ingredients.
4. Fold in strawberries.
5. Add mixture to lined baking pan, lightly pressing dough down into bottom of pan.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. To create glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Use whisk to drizzle glaze atop cookie cakes.
This recipe was adapted from Bakeaholic Mama.