Ahh yes, it’s FI-NAL-LY summertime in Chicago! After a balmy and mild start to the summer in Chi City, we experienced temps of 90+ degrees this past weekend and I LOVED every moment of it. To take a (brief) break from life outdoors, I popped inside to make a new batch of cake batter cookies. (During my first attempt at cake batter cookies, I made these yummy PINK Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies.) This time, I selected a lemon cake mix, in honor of the glorious SUNSHINE. (But seriously, can you tell how happy I was to see the sun?)
Mixing Cool Whip in the batter makes for a super airy and fluffy cookie. The light whipped topping also brings out the flavor of the cake mix.
Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix – 1 box
- Eggs – 2
- Cool Whip – 1 8 ounce container
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
1. In a medium sized bowl, beat together eggs and entire contents of the Cool Whip container. Slowly add in cake mix, until it’s folded into the batter. Chill mixture for 1 hour in the fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove chilled dough.
3. Scoop balls of dough – about 1 tablespoon per ball – and roll them in powdered sugar. Place powdered dough balls on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, or until the bottom and the tops of the cookies are lightly golden.
For an extra lemon-y punch, I paired my cookies with a tall glass of ice cold lemonade. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Chef Picky Kid and Me.