A few weeks ago, I had plans to attend a friend’s Passover Seder. I made two batches of macaroons to bring to the party; the first, a Coconut & Apricot batch, and the second, a Coconut & Lime batch. Here’s the second recipe, as promised!
- Egg Whites – from 4 eggs
- Almond Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Sea Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cane Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Lime zest – grated, from 1 lime
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut – 14 ounces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
2. Whisk together egg whites, almond extract, sea salt and cane sugar in a large bowl. Add in lime zest.
3. Use your hands to shape macaroon mixture into small mounds and place them on the cookie sheet. (Macaroons will not spread when they’re baking.)
4. Bake macaroons for approximately 12-15 minutes, turning the sheet halfway through baking time.
5. Remove macaroons and allow them time to cool on a wire rack.
Here’s a photo of both batches. :) Yum!
Coconut & Lime recipe adapted from La Tartine Gourmande.