To kickoff the month of March, I decided to host an “M-themed” Mexican dinner party, and needed an mmmm-worthy dessert. These margarita cupcakes were perfect for my fiesta.
The cake batter includes tequila, lime juice and margarita mix. The sweetness of the cream cheese frosting pairs well with the tangy-not-too-sweet batter. :) They’d definitely make for a fun addition to a St. Patrick’s Day event or a Cinco De Mayo bash.
- White Cake Mix
- Margarita mix – 7 ounces
- Tequila – 2 ounces
- Lime juice – 1 ounce
- Egg whites – 3
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- Cream cheese frosting
- Lime slices and green sprinkles for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
2. Mix together cake mix, egg whites and oil in a large bowl. Add in margarita mix, tequila and lime juice. Stir in lime zest and beat mixture together.
3. Spoon batter into cupcake cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Once cupcakes are cool, frost with cream cheese frosting and add green sprinkles/lime slices as garnish.
Optional: Use the leftover margarita mix, lime juice and tequila to mix up a few margaritas. ;)
Recipe adapted from Homemade by Holman.
2 thoughts on “Margarita Cupcakes”
Hi there! I’m Sue, and I’m from SlimKicker, a fitness/diet app and website. I saw your blog yesterday and it captured my interest!
I was wondering if we can do a giveaway for your blog readers?
Our website basically turns people’s fitness/diet goals into a level up game with challenges such as quitting soda for a week. We’re looking for new challenge ideas, so was thinking of holding a contest where your readers leave a comment on a health challenge idea + sign up on our site
We’ll pick our favorite challenge idea, use it on our site, and give the winner either a free digital health scale, slow cooker, or digital heart monitor. We’ve done many giveaways for bloggers in the past – you can google ‘SlimKicker giveaway’ to see. I also encourage you to sign up for our site to see what we’re about too
Let me know if you’re interested! You can email me back at sue.zheng (at) slimkicker (dot) com.