Get ready to get your pink on! Valentine’s Day is coming up next week, and I wanted to make something bright, easy and PINK in honor of the occasion. (For another super simple, super PINK cookie recipe, check out my Pink Strawberry Cool Whip Cookies.)
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? My mom always used to assemble Valentine’s Day baskets for me and my brother, filled to the brim with sweets and treats. In more recent years, I’ve done dinners with friends and loved ones, attended local craft fairs and sent small care packages to others via mail. One year, I bought this super cute kitty for a friend who loves donuts. :) …Okay, now on to the recipe!
Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- White Chocolate Chips – 1 1/4 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2
- Canola oil – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
2. Mix together dry ingredients: cake mix and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and oil. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture bowl and blend well until there are no dry patches of cake mix. Next, add in white chocolate chips.
3. Scoop balls of dough (~2 tablespoons per cookie) onto lightly greased cookie sheet. (These cookies do spread out while baking, so be sure to make dough balls taller than they are wide.) Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
These cookies retain their soft, cake-like consistency. The white chocolate chips give them a nice, light chocolate flavor that doesn’t overpower the strawberry. Plus, they’re just so pink and cute!
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction