Sugar and spice make the holidays extra nice. I found this recipe for Eggnog Cookies on Your Cup of Cake, and thought they would be perfect to bake up for a few holiday parties this year. The cookies come out light and fluffy, almost cake-like, and the glaze and sprinkled cinnamon on top packs in an extra bit of sweetness.
- Flour – 2 1/4 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg – 1 teaspoon
- White sugar – 1 1/4 cups
- Butter – 3/4 cup
- Eggnog – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Egg yolks – 2
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Eggnog – 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon – a pinch to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat them at a medium speed until smooth.
5. Fold in flour mixture just until combined.
6. Spoon batter onto ungreased cookie sheets. These cookies will spread out quite a bit while in the oven, so be sure to make your batter balls small, leaving space for them to expand.
7. Bake each batch for 15-20 minutes.
8. While cookies are cooling, whisk up powdered sugar and eggnog to create the glaze. Spoon glaze on top of cookies and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon on top.