I discovered this salsa recipe on Martha Stewart’s website last year when I was looking for a fun dip (with a little kick) to bring to a holiday party. The colors of the ingredients are seasonally festive. The honey gives the salsa an extra bit of sweetness and the jalapeno gives it some heat. Plus, the cranberries provide some fun crunch to the mix.
Speaking of sweet honey, this lil guy was my favorite grocery store purchase of the week. (Don’t have any recipes that use honey? Oh bother. You can look below for starters!)
- Avocados – 2
- Halved cranberries – 3/4 cup
- Jalapeno – 1 minced
- Red Onion – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Cilantro – 2 tablespoons, chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Chop jalapeno and red onion into tiny pieces, and mix them into a large bowl with honey, lime juice and lemon juice. Whisk briskly.
2. Section avocado into 1/4 inch pieces. (I use a butter knife to score each avocado half, and then scoop out the pieces using a spoon. Easy, peasy, presto avocado!) Add avocado into the bowl.
3. Halve cranberries and chop fresh cilantro, then combine with other ingredients in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Now dip those chips!